Become an Assistant
Being an assistant isn’t pausing from the ‘real world’ to do things for another person. It’s a way of life, growing together in mutual relationships and deepening our spiritual journeys.
Looking for an adventure in community living that will help you discover the depths of the human spirit? Apply to be an assistant in L’Arche, where you’ll:
- provide professional, personalized services to adults who have intellectual disabilities (known as “core people”),
- advocate for and with core people for the rights they deserve, and
- grow personally through mutual relationships within the community.
L’Arche welcomes applications from people of all ages, races, genders, faiths, and sexual orientations. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and assistants are welcomed throughout the year based on the needs of the community. Preference is given to live-in assistants who commit to living in community for two years.
- Read about being a member assistant, employee assistant, and awake overnight employee
- Download the assistant application and email it to Caitlin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the Say Yes To L’Arche video to learn more about being an assistant.